Lift Station failures can result in bad odors and corrosive gases and liquids that can damage pipes. In order to avoid wastewater overflow/emergencies, regular maintenance is recommended. Monthly or quarterly maintenance is essential for extending the life of a Lift Station while reducing energy costs. Frank Gay Commercial goes through a comprehensive checklist when working with Lift Stations and has the industrial technology to make maintenance easy.
- Check to make sure the pumps and rail system is set correctly and still intact.
- Run pumps to verify they are pumping.
- Check pump readings for time of usage to make sure they are being used equally.
- Check the amp draw on the pumps to insure they are running properly.
- Pulling pumps to verify they are clear of any foreign objects or debris.
- Verify the panel has proper voltage to the control system.
- Verify the panel and controls are working correctly and automatically.
- Verify the alarm works visually and soundly.
Floats & Valves:
- Check the floats are all operational and set to the correct elevation for the system.
- Check to make sure all valves are working properly.
- Check the wet well to make sure that there is no buildup of grease and foreign debris in the tank.
- If the system is full of grease build up or debris the system can be washed and cleaned out with a Vactor truck.
To receive a free maintenance quote or to request service, call Frank Gay Commercial at 407-777-225