Stormy season is here in Florida, make sure your commercial space is prepared with Frank Gay Commercial’s help!
Some ways to protect your commercial space include:
- Taping an “X” on the windows or boarding them up.
- Moving any outdoor signs or furniture indoors.
- Clear surfaces of small items.
- Move furniture away from windows.
- Close all windows and take pictures before the storm for insurance purposes.
- Surge protectors can be crucial to protect against lightning during the storm. An uneven surge of power can cause your unit to deteriorate or fail completely.
- If a power surge is likely to occur, turn the AC down to cool your space before storm and turn off your unit.
- If the hurricane is strong, covering your unit with a strong tarp can shield it against flying debris.
- Unplug and move window units indoors.
- Make sure your unit is securely bolted down.
- Have Frank Gay Commercial inspect your unit after the storm before turning it back on.
- Ensure drains and gutters have no debris to prevent flooding.
- Make sure to turn off the main water valve if you decide the evacuate. The main water valve is a knob, usually red, near your water heater or utility wall.
- Have gallons of water on hand in case the power goes out.
- Disconnect all electrical devices.
- Ensure to disconnect appliances that turn on automatically when the power is back on (except for refrigeration)
- Avoid piling up debris around outdoor utility lines when cleaning up.