As a business owner, saving energy not only helps the environment but your utility bill too. Some simple changes to your commercial space can reduce energy costs while maintaining employee and customer comfort.
Check out our list of tips below & make sure to call Frank Gay Commercial at 407-777-2256 for any electrical or HVACR service needs!
- Changing to LED bulbs can decrease your energy bill since they use up to 80% less energy than regular bulbs
- Having a smart thermostat lets you program temperatures for when your business is empty
- Unplug appliances at the end of the day to conserve power
- Using power strips allows you to turn off multiple devices at the same time
- Regularly changing your air filter can help your HVAC system run more efficiently
- Preventative maintenance on your HVAC and refrigeration systems saves you money in the long run by increasing your system’s life and decreasing the chance of breakdowns
- Use energy-efficient appliances that are ENERGY STAR rated since those are deemed energy efficient
- Be quick to repair leaks before your energy and maintenance costs rise
- Take advantage of natural light and turn off lights when not in use
- Perform an energy audit to pinpoint where energy is being wasted